Are you Using Motorola E (Moto E) 1st or 2nd generation…??
Wow, you made a good option in smart world. The smart Operating system “Andriod” updates its version very frequently. So if you are a buying a smart phone, along with all features, just make a look on system updater.
Android – How To Update Kitkat Version To Lollipop Version In Motorola (Moto E):
Android version change as Alpha, Beta, Cupcake(1.5), Donut(1.6), Eclair(2.0–2.1), Froyo(2.2–2.2.3), Gingerbread(2.3–2.3.7), Honeycomb(3.0–3.2.6), Ice Cream Sandwich(4.0–4.0.4), JellyBean(188.8.131.52), KitKat(4.4–4.4.4, 4.4W–4.4W.2), Lollipop (5.0–5.1.1) and recently Milkshake.
Moto E has that facility to update android version. Initially Moto E 1st generation had Kitkat version. But now we can update to Lollipop.
Steps To Update Kitkat To Lollipop Version On Moto E :
1.Check whether internet either WiFi or Mobile data is active or not
2.Since Moto E had major disadvantage on internal memory, we must free the space by removing some apps, Audios, images videos and texts such that we can have free space upto 500Mb.
3. Battery must be charged 100%. If not charge the battery.
4. Scroll down the bar and select menu. In that Select Settings-> About Phone ( In System Sub-folder) ->System Updates
5.There you can observe a notification. A new update for Android Lollipop will be displayed.
6. Again there will be 2 options. No, May be later or Yes, I m in. if you want to update your phone later you can choose option 1 else, you can choose option 2.
7.if you choose option 2, again you are going to be ask as WiFi only or WiFi or mobile data. Based on your internet connection, you can opt any one of those.
8. Download will be started.
9. After completion of download, your phone will rebooted automatically.
10. Now Enjoy the Lollipop version on Moto E.