Aizawl (mizonews.net): The city-based College of Teacher Education has been upgraded and has been rechristened as the Institute of Advance Study in Education(IASE).
“Under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MRHD), the Teacher Education Approval Board (TEAB) had upgraded College of Teacher Education (CTE) to Institute of Advance Study in Education (IASE) on September 2005. However, it took a long way in order to materialize it,” a statement issued by the principal of the college said.
The institute according to officials met all criteria and is now an institution for higher study.
While there are many other states that do not have IASE, Mizoram is now among the three states in North East India that have Institute of Advance Study in Education (IASE). ”Only one IASE could be established in every 20 Districts, Mizoram has the privilege in that the establishment of IASE,” the management added.
The Letter of Formal Recognition for National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), where M.Ed can be studied, has been received on 12 March, 2012.
The Mizoram University Provisional Affiliation has also been received granted to the college on June 11, 2012.
“IASE shall also continue the task of CTE and B.Ed. Regular Programme will also be continued as before. M.Ed. Course from will be started from 1st August, 2012. Even the programme for M.Phil and Ph.D. is proposed,” the college said.
Besides B. Ed and M.Ed Course, and, M. Phil and Ph.D in Education IASE will undertake the following:
1. Organising Orientation programme for Teacher Educators (who works at Elementary & Secondary Teacher Training).
2. Conducting regular training for the success of the plans of NCFTE & NCF.
3. Taking necessary steps for Research to enable Quality Education.
4. Providing good teaching materials for Secondary School teachers.
5. Development infrastructure for DIET.
6. Maintaining good relation and Cooperation with other higher institutions like SCERT and DIET.
7. Organising ‘In-service training’ for teachers under RMSA Programme and forming Monitoring Agency to inspects the steps taken under this scheme.
8. Using advanced Technology for Teacher Education.
To know more about IASE, a helpline as bbeen set up and these are 2322211 and 2310565.