Mizoram Government sends Health Minister Lalrinliana Sailo to Bangalore
Aizawl (mizonews.net): As the exodus of Northeast people continue from Karnataka even as over 50 students reached ‘home’ here, Chief Minister of Mizoram Lalthanhawla has sent Health Minister Lalrinliana Sailo and legislator John Siamkungato Bangalore in order to take stock of the situation.
Sailo and Siamkunga will meet Karnatak officials to discussed the problem that triggered exodus of the Northeast people including the Mizos. They will also meet Bangalore Mizo Welfare leaders and other organisations. In the meantime, Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde informed Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla over telephone to let the restriction of mobile phone SMS -5 SMS per day- effective in Mizoram too.
It has been reported that around 50 Mizo students have left Bangalore for Mizoram.
Bangalore Mizo Welfare (BMA) President, Lalrinpuii said that an arrangement has been made for those who feel unsafe at the Mizoram House. “And, if the numbers are more, the state government will make arrangemment for accommodation at Echo Centre for Juvenile Justice, Kamanahalli,” Lalrinpuii added.
Rajya Sabha MP Lalhmingliana said that there are many false messages and therefore he has appealed to the people not to panic.
In related incident, the Pune Mizo Welfare Association (PMWA) and Mizo Student Union Pune (MSUP) also said that it is really a matter of concern that a sense of insecurity looms over North East people in Pune and other cities of India following the ethnic clash in Assam. Leaders said some people are misinformed about the situation amidst rumours spreading like wildfire.
As per report, 14 persons have been arrested and 14 cases have been filed at Pune police station. And, Karnataka Police had arrested 16 persons who were allegedly responsible for flashing falsified messages through SMS.
Moreover, 600 personnel of Rapid Action Force, CRPF, 1500 State police, and 600 Home Guard conducted flag march in places of fear in the city. Karnataka Director General of Police (DGP) Lalrokhuma Pachuau also said that it is all because of false rumours and that “Bangalore is safe for everyone.”
Tension gripped Mizos in Bangalore since the past few days after some of them they received SMSes which reportedly reads that August 20 is the deadline for the NE people to leave Bangalore. As such, there is deep fear among the people which let them to hold several meetings since then.
Mizo Students’ Association (MSA), Bangalore, Pune Mizo Welfare Association (PMWA) and Mizo Students’ Union, Pune (MSUP) issued press releases, condemning those responsible in spreading rumours.
Meanwhile, it has also been reported that leaders of Muslim also condemned the peolple who attacked North East people.
Further, Mizo leaders of Pune informed that the newly formed (because of the situation) North East Community Forum had a meeting with Pune Police Commissioner Gulabrao Pol and other police officers, besides meeting with Muslim leaders and other political party leaders. “There is nothing to be feared for the people of North East and they promised to help us any time” Pune Mizo leaders said. The North East Community Forum had also met Maharashtra Home Minister, RR Patil.
In the meeting held with Maharashtra Home Minister by North East Community Forum and Mizo leaders, the Minister assured them of safety not only in Pune, but in other parts of Maharashtra state, and also told them that security will be given to colleges and hostels; and moreover, for the protection of people living in rented house in their landlords shall all be informed to ensure safety, the Minister assured.
Keywords: Mizoram News