Create Hotmail account- The sign up Process: Hotmail is one of the world’s first e-mail service, which was founded in the year 1996 by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith in Mountain View, California and it’s headquartered in Sunnyvale.
Earlier it was stylized as Hotmail. Hotmail was bought by Microsoft in the year 1997 for around $400 million and was relaunched as MSN Hotmail. It was re named again as Windows Live Hotmail and was released as a part of Windows live suite of products. The final version was released with 36 different languages in October 2011 and it reached 360 million mark in mid-2011 itself.
Hotmail Login/Signin Tips
Notoriety of Hotmail expanded step by step in the worldwide business sector. In 1999 the Hotmail got hacked and a news got spread everywhere throughout the world by programmers that anyone can sign into any Hotmail record utilizing the watchword ‘eh’. Right now it was called “the most far reaching security ever”. This brought about a great many records were uncovered and altered from 7TH August, 2001 to 31ST August, 2001. The Hotmail was named by putting accentuation on the “HTML” in the name.
In July 2012 Hotmail was again re-named as Outlook.com by Microsoft. They launched as a beta version and the general public was allowed to access it. Existing Hotmail customers has an option of upgrading to outlook free of cost and if they didn’t like it they can shift back to Hotmail. In April 2013 Hotmail was finally renamed to outlook. In May 2013 Outlook.com had 400 million users. Outlook also provided free storage and also an ability to directly connect to Skype and other Microsoft products like Office and One Drive etc. Outlook has become safer as Microsoft keeps all the track of login attempts made to one’s account.
How to sign up for Hotmail account:
- First you need to go to Hotmail website which is now called as Outlook.com. You can do so by clicking
- Click on sign in button if you are already Hotmail or Outlook account holder.
- Click on sign up button if you don’t have Hotmail/ Outlook account and if you want one.
- This will take you to another page where you have to enter your personal details and particulars like name, gender, birthday and address etc.
- Then you have to create a new e-mail address where in you have to enter a unique name which doesn’t exist on outlook servers.
- Now you have to create a password which should have at least 8 characters and it must be case sensitive.
- Use alphanumeric password with at least one capital letter and one special symbol to make your password strong enough so that no one can guess it easily.
- If you happen to forget your password, you need to provide an alternate email id and phone number to retrieve your password.
- Now you enter your country details and postal code.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Accept Microsoft’s terms and conditions.
- Now click on submit button to create your new email address.
- Now login with your new email credentials that you entered while creating the account.
Now that you have successfully created the email account, it’s now time to send and receive emails on your new address.
Hope you’ve liked this tutorial on creating a new Hotmail email address. Please write in the comments section below if you have anything to suggest.